The OPTISONIC 8300 is a 2-path ultrasonic flowmeter for flow measurement of superheated steam and high temperature gases up to +620°C/ +1148°F and max. 200 bar / 2900 psi. It delivers high performance over a wide flow range (up to DN1000 / 40", turndown ratio: 60:1). This makes the flowmeter the ideal solution for boiler and power plant monitoring or as steam billing device. With temperature and pressure sensors connected to the meter, its integrated flow computer can also calculate steam mass flow or enthalpy.
Product features and options depend on device configuration: Contact us to make sure that your preferred functionality can be combined in one device.
- Bi-directional flow measurement over a wide dynamic range
- Integrated flow computer option: Mass flow and enthalpy calculation according to IAPWS-IF97
- Current inputs for external pressure and temperature sensors
- Suitable for energy balancing
- High accuracy: <±1% error of measured value (>DN150)
- Higher temperature and pressure ranges on request
- Extensive online diagnostics and functions for proper meter operation and verification
- Can be certified for custody transfer measurements (only in certain countries applicable)
- Full bore design: No moving parts, no wear, no pressure loss
- No periodical maintenance or recalibration needed
- Ex d certified stainless steel (316 L) connection box
- ATEX, IECEx, QPS and NEPSI approvals
- Hazardous area process temperatures up to +600°C / +1112°F
- Zone 0 approval for measurement of explosive gas mixtures